Relax! Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee (or maybe something stronger!) and enjoy a soothing 15 minute-long video that has just been made for us by our charming Watermill painting tutor Pamme Turner. You will enjoy her laid-back style as she tells you the secrets of turning a plein air sketch into a successful finished painting.
And when you’ve enjoyed the advice from an expert (Pamme is a painting professor, no less!), why not enjoy her company in person when she leads another sun-filled, fun-filled painting course at the Watermill next year. As a guest said of one of her previous courses: “More educational than a whole college semester! And so much more fun”
Pamme will be with us from Saturday 21 August to Saturday 28 August 2024. There are details and a link below.
*Don’t forget that you will be Cool and Green at the Watermill: all our bedrooms and public rooms are air-conditioned, powered by our hidden array of photovoltaic cells, which make us self-sufficient in electricity.
And don’t forget our Watermill Early Bird offer: There’s £75 (English pounds) off all our 2024 creative if you reserve your place this year.
If you want to enjoy inspiring teaching, warm hospitality, a beautiful setting, spectacular locations, delicious food and wine and the convivial company of like-minded people AND an Early Bird discount now is the time to reserve your place. (The Early Bird offer expires at the end of the year.)
Pamme Turner is a professional artist and college professor with multiple degrees in the Fine Arts. In her week-long workshop, designed for painters of all levels, you’ll learn to
- Paint with both transparent and/or opaque art mediums “en plein air”, with an emphasis on beautiful watercolor techniques!
- Create successful COMPOSITIONS for both plein air and studio painting
- Create successful VALUE STUDIES which translate into strong watercolor or gouache paintings
- Understand LIGHT, SHADOW and ATMOSPHERE as it applies to outdoor painting
- Understand and adapt specialized drawing skills for watercolor and gouache painting
- Adapt strong details and simple figures in your watercolor and/or gouache paintings
- Create Pamme’s Essential ”Watercolor Art Notebook” with specialized art-note taking techniques (you will use these learned techniques for many future projects!)
24 – 31 August 2024
Capturing the moment in watercolours and gouache
To learn more, go to her 2024 Tutor Profile