Painting holidays in Tuscany, Italy
Our relaxing, inspiring and fun-filled painting courses with internationally renowned tutors are designed to help both experienced painters and beginners to release their talent and most of all, enjoy their painting. We offer courses in watercolours, oils, pastels, acrylics and other media.
For centuries artists have drawn their inspiration from the Tuscan landscape and you couldn't find a better place than the watermill to enjoy your painting holiday and improve your skills.
The courses run from Saturday to Saturday. We usually spend Sunday painting in the Watermill gardens or beside the river, or in the light and airy Watermill studio, overlooking the gardens and mountains on one side and the river on the other. We take you on painting trips to an ancient castle and village, to market day in a nearby walled Medieval town, to a secluded cloistered convent and to a thousand-year old hilltop village with craggy mountain views........ And there’s a whole day (non-painting) excursion by train to the walled city of Lucca or to the fishing villages of the Cinque Terre. (You can see full details by visiting our Typical Itinerary Page )
For more information, please select from the menus above.
We would love you to join us.
Lois and Bill Breckon
Here are just a few of the testimonials from our 2019 painting courses:
- The best holiday I've had in years! A wonderful week spent painting watercolour landscapes with the inspirational guidance and teaching of Paul Talbot-Greaves. Everything was taken care of, all we had to do was paint - and eat!
- A very big thank you for the wonderful week at the Watermill—it was way and beyond any of my expectations! You both are such caring and warm hosts, which added to the enjoyment and inspiration of having Keiko as our tutor—your attention to detail. And gourmet food served was not something I had expected, nor was the beauty of the rooms, villa and rose blooming gardens!! I am taking away many happy memories indeed!
- Thank you for a very enjoyable stay at The Watermill. I have comeback feeling quite rested and relaxed. It is a beautiful place and I really enjoyed the wonderful food.
- The Watermill is an idyllic setting for a knitting course - beautifully situated on the river, you are lulled to sleep in your comfortable room by the sound of the millstream. Bill and Lois are perfect hosts and your every need is catered for.
- I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Watermill. I haven’t had such a stimulating time for years! I very much appreciated the fact that everything about the holiday had been so well thought out. It meant that I could “relax” and enjoy myself, in beautiful and friendly surroundings, doing what I had come for.
Bring your partner or friend!
Why not bring your friend or partner? They don’t have to participate in the course, but they will be able to enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the mill and, whenever they want, to come out with you to our beautiful locations.
We also offer a range of alternative activities for partners on all our creative courses, as well as a generous £GBP 250 discount if they share a room with you.Please click here for more details. Activities for Non-participating Partners