Knitting and La Bella Vita
La Bella Vita means 'The Good Life' in Italian and that's just what you'll be savouring when you take one of our wonderfully relaxing and inspiring week-long knitting holidays in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. You will work on projects with top designers Louisa Harding and Renée Callahan or, in our first ever Knitting Retreat, you’ll bring your own knitting projects and simply enjoy being pampered by the outstanding Watermill hospitality.
You'll also be knitting at a privately owned ex-monastery and in the grounds of a fabulous hill-top restaurant. You will be treated to an all-day excursion to the delightful fishing villages of the Cinque Terre or the beautiful Italian city of Lucca and enjoy a morning's ramblings through the market at the nearby walled medieval town of Fivizzano.
You will have the perfect opportunity to make new friends in the company of like-minded people learning new knitting techniques and tips from our tutors... and enjoying unspoilt Italy and, of course, fantastic food and wine.
For more information, please select from the activities above.
We would love you to join us.
Lois and Bill Breckon
Testimonials from our knitting courses in 2019
- The Watermill is an idyllic setting for a knitting course - beautifully situated on the river, you are lulled to sleep in your comfortable room by the sound of the millstream. Bill and Lois are perfect hosts and your every need is catered for. During the week you are plied with an abundance of good food, and drink, and there are visits most days to local places of interest, which include a convent, village market and upmarket mountain-top restaurant. This is a beautiful area of Italy and it was a peaceful interlude to visits to busy Pisa and Florence, and much recommended. BE
- Thank you again and again for such a lovely week at the Watermill. My non-knitting partner and I had such a good time with everyone. It was truly a memorable week to stay at the Watermill, knit with Marie, meet new friends, enjoy fresh Italian cuisine and be shown such a glorious part of the backroads of Tuscany. EB (They are coming back in 2020!)
And here are just a few of the testimonials from our 2018 knitting holidays:
- Thank you for such a wonderful week! It had everything: fun, knowledge, good food and drink. Like a week out of time.
- Thank you both for making a brilliant week of knitting even better. As usual, the Watermill was amazing with wonderful food, great room and wall to wall sunshine.
- Bill and Lois have the knack of making everyone feel special. Add a magical knitting tutor, and the result is an unforgettable experience. I can't wait to go back! Excellent food, relaxing atmosphere, lovely people. Perfection!
- Absolutely loved my stay there for the knitting week. The food was so yummy, I had the best sleep, and the ambiance of the Watermill and its surrounds is pure bliss.
Bring your partner or friend!
Why not bring your friend or partner? They don’t have to participate in the course, but they will be able to enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the mill and, whenever they want, to come out with you to our beautiful locations.
We also offer a range of alternative activities for partners on all our creative courses, as well as a generous £GBP 250 discount if they share a room with you.Please click here for more details. Activities for Non-participating Partners