You'll be Cool and Green at the Watermill
Solar-powered air-conditioning will keep you cool and environmentally friendly. For more information, please visit our Cool and Green page
Learn Italian from the Italians
This really is a ‘course with a difference’. Not only are there formal lessons on the vine verandah (some 20 hours in the week), but we also make trips and excursions to savour the natural beauty of Lunigiana, the area surrounding the mill, to explore its history and culture, to sample its traditional foods – and above all, to meet the people, speak Italian, and practise what we’ve learned.
We’ve teamed up again with the experienced and sympathetic language teacher Francesca La Sala, to design a week in which people can learn Italian in the most natural and enjoyable way ever. You'll meet Italian people and interact with their daily lives. Your immersion into the language and culture of real Italians will be customised for you, to suit your curiosity and your interests, helping you to treasure everything you learn and make it a seamless part of who you are.
You will have the perfect opportunity to make new friends in the company of like-minded people learning and improving their Italian language skills... and enjoying unspoilt Italy and, of course, fantastic food and wine.
For more information, please visit our 2022 Italian Language Programme page for more details. We would love you to join us for this corso bellissimo!
Lois and Bill Breckon
A few comments from guests on our recent language courses:
- Thank you for a really lovely week. I can honestly say it was the nicest week I have had for a long time. Although I was the least proficient in the group, Francesca was charming and very patient. CR
- Thank you for a very enjoyable stay at The Watermill. I have come back feeling quite rested and relaxed. Francesca was also great fun and has inspired me to further my interest in the Italian language. It is a beautiful place and I really enjoyed the wonderful food. The trips for me were particularly enjoyable. Perhaps a little more time for shopping next time! JA
- Fantastic. The Watermill at Posara is set in its own beautiful grounds with a river, a bamboo forest and acres of wild flowers to take in. Feel free to wander. The village of Posara, itself is delightful, small but beautifully formed and well worth a camera visit.
I spent a week learning Italian with Francesca La Sala - a lady whose patience was sorely tried more than once, but who managed to increase both our vocabulary and confidence in Italian. Although the week’s holiday was basically an Italian language experience, we had several trips out to local towns in order to practice our new found competence. All in all, a superb location with great hosts. So much so, that I have already booked for next year! MR
And some praise for earlier courses:
- Thank you for I had another wonderful week at the Watermill, this time learning Italian rather than painting, and enjoyed the same friendly hospitality and delicious food again. Giulia coped admirably with the diverse abilities, aspirations and interests of the group and we all worked hard together. I now feel much more confident in speaking Italian and can understand a lot better.
- I would like to thank you both for a wonderful week at the Watermill of which I enjoyed every second. I loved the tranquillity and the natural beauty of the river as well as the wonderful food and convivial company. I thought that Giulia was a brilliant teacher and the lessons were always engaging, and all the other staff were remarkable in their efforts to make the week so perfect.
Bring your partner or friend!
Why not bring your friend or partner? They don’t have to participate in the course, but they will be able to enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the mill and, whenever they want, to come out with you to our beautiful locations.
We also offer a range of Alternative activities for partners on all our creative courses, as well as a generous £GBP 250 discount if they share a room with you.