This unique week will blend the essential elements of art & yoga to create a fabulous retreat of Seeing: Yoga & Discovering the Self through Portraits.
The precise timetable will depend on the needs and desires of the group, but will incorporate
- Raising Sun & Lunar Moon Yoga guided practice
- Energetic Chakra Yoga
- Heart-Centered Yoga
- Healing Gentle Flow Yoga & Meditation
- Asanatomy - breaking down yoga poses into their elements
- Philosophy of Yoga for the modern-day yogi
- Art of Yin Yoga as taught by founder & Master Paulie Zink
- Indian Yin as taught by Paulie Grilley & Bernie Clark
- NIA (Neuromuscular Integrative Activity) - Combining dance, martial arts and mindfulness, toning your body while transforming your mind. Each workout brings mindfulness to your dance movement experience, leaving you energized, mentally clear, and emotionally balanced
- Our emotions & massage touch
- Yoga for Chronic Illness & Cancer Healing
- silent guided hikes
- Yoga on the Watermill lawn
This week will also incorporate:
Guided self-portrait work and discovery with artist Pamela Cohen. These sessions includie the expressions of face & body in yogic play; expressions of spirit; feelings of colour within emotions; and Chakra 'love my body'.
Dina Sheldon started her yoga practice in 1994, when she was discovered as a yoga model for her toes! Following a vigorous training with her guru, Fredric Ferri of YogaPro, she passed on the baton to her yoga model sister, Ana Patricia Hough, founder of A2 Yoga, as she pursued individualized degrees in education, learning & development, integrated marketing, and hospitality management. She completed her RYT, Yoga4Cancer, Yoga for Chronic Illness & Cancer, Art of Yin Yoga Training with Master & Founder Paulie Zink.
Currently owner of A2 Yoga in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Dina was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015 when under 40-years old. Through cancer she discovered the depth to which yoga can transform life into the joy of living! Her approach is integrative & fun - body, mind, emotion and spirit.
Dina says: “To embody living yoga, conscious awareness must be present. Every morning just by waking up and stretching, we are doing yoga. EveryDay Yoga is opening oneself to the possibility of seeing the self as being special. Knowing that is yogic teachings. Yoga becomes accessible, and easy to approach with a willing heart and self-understanding.”
For Dina, Yoga = Life: “We are all born with the knowing of movement. We all come into this world on an inhale, and we will all leave on an exhale...let us learn that in life we live yoga!”