Our ‘Florence Add-on’ package – three thrilling extra days in the cradle of the Renaissance
A dazzling optional addition to your watermill experience: three days of exploration and wonder with inspired and knowledgeable professional guides
We've had many compliments about the unique three-day Florence Add-on that we offer to our guests coming on Watermill creative holidays. One said: “The best guided tours we’ve ever had, anywhere!” Another added: “The infectious enthusiasm of your guides was truly wonderful.” And a third said: “Your guides really know their stuff and it was a pleasure to be with them.”
As well as those wonderful private guided tours, you’ll have personal service from Bill and Lois and enjoy an historic hotel in the very heart of the Renaissance city, with which the Watermill has a special relationship. It’s all a great cultural warm-up before your relaxing creative week at The Watermill.
We’ve worked with Freya Middleton, vivacious owner of Freya’s Florence (freyasflorence.com), to create this unique optional addition for our Watermill guests. Bill and Lois, owners of The Watermill, know Florence quite well themselves, having lived here for five years, and Bill’s even written a detective story, set in Renaissance Florence, called A Matter of Perspective (visit A Matter of Perspective for more info). But no-one knows the city better -- its art, architecture, its famous sights and hidden corners -- than Freya Middleton and her enthusiastic team. Together we’ll give you fresh insights into familiar venues, as well showing you others less familiar, so this three-day adventure will appeal to those of you who've already visited Florence and well as those of you who have never been before.
Here's what we'll do for you:
- Book you in and pay for three night's room and breakfast in the historic Loggiato dei Serviti hotel in the heart of Renaissance Florence
- Send you tickets for the express coach from Pisa airport to Florence Santa Maria Novella (SMN) train station
- Personally greet you at Florence SMN station and accompany you by taxi to your hotel
- Provide the services of Freya and her team for two four-hour intimate sightseeing, with walking and gallery tours during your stay
- Tell you about great places to eat, enjoy aperitivi and watch the passing scene
- Provide an insider's guide to lesser-known things to see and do
- Give you a free copy of Bill’s Florentine historical detective novel, 'A Matter of Perspective'
- Personally pick you up at your hotel and accompany you by taxi to Florence SMN station
- Give you tickets and put you on board the express coach from Pisa to Florence, where you'll be met and transported by car or minibus to you on to The Watermill for your creative holiday.
You can rely on the famous Watermill at Posara organisational skills, so you don't have to worry about anything, except soaking up the atmosphere of Florence, its art, architecture and unique ambienza.
And we'll do all this at a special price for watermill guests of just £725!
When to come to Florence and why
We reckon it'll be best if you come to Florence before your watermill week, for two reasons:
- First, you'll enjoy the bustle of a city and walking through the historic streets to see the cathedral with its famous dome, Santa Croce and Santa Maria Novella, the Piazza della Signoria with the Palazzo Vecchio, the Ponte Vecchio – all the famous sights – to say nothing of the stunning exhibits in museums like the Uffizi, and the Accademia. And then you’ll change pace and enjoy the tranquil, yet inspiring, surroundings of the watermill, where we'll look after your every need.
- Secondly, many of the famous Florence museums are closed on Mondays, so we'll fix for your Florence visit to start on a Wednesday. You'll enjoy three days there - and then come to us at the mill on the Saturday morning to begin your painting holiday or writing course.
For more information, please select from the menu items above.
Non vediamo l'ora di vedervi! We look forward to seeing you!
Lois and Bill Breckon